Monday, September 24, 2012

Random Thoughts

Bear with me while I spew some randomness on this here blog...

  • Our fridge broke on Friday night, and because the Oakwood maintenance staff doesn't work on the weekends, we had to wait until today to have it fixed.  We lost some quality Trader Joe's meat and lots of leftovers during the ordeal, but when I came home from work this afternoon, I saw a brand-spanking new fridge sitting in our kitchen. They didn't just fix it, they replaced it!  Score.
  • I've recently overhead roughly five different people griping about how dirty the D.C. metro is and each time I thought to myself, "Seriously?  Have you seen the NYC subway?"  I love New York, but the subways are disgusting.  NY has bedbugs and rats that aren't afraid to get up close and personal with strap hangers.  I have yet to see either of those things on the D.C. Metro, so I'd say DC riders are golden in comparison. 
  • S joined a softball team with some of his FS colleagues and they had their first game yesterday.  They won, 9-2.  E absolutely loved it and couldn't wait to cheer for his Daddy every time he was at bat.  Adorable doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • I've hit a lull in Turkish language study.  I've decided to attempt a comeback this week, so fingers crossed I can get back on the language learning bandwagon. It's hard to stay motivated when you're confused 80% of the time and there is no one there to explain it to you. 
  • Speaking of Turkish...I keep seeing previews for the movie Taken 2 and while I don't think it looks the least bit interesting (seriously, why does Hollywood always have to ruin a good thing?) I sort of want to see it just because it's set in Turkey.  But, as is the case with all movies lately, I will probably just wait until it's available on Netflix. 
  • Ohhh, this is happening in a couple weeks and I am super stoked.  
  • And Fall TV is back!  Yes, I am a TV nerd and am very excited to have the new Fall line-up starting this week.  However, the fact that we don't have DVR here at Oakwood makes it a bit difficult to watch shows that come on at the same time.  I guess that's what the Internet is for, right?  I guess I better get used to it...it's not like the Fall line-up will be available in Turkey, right? 
  • Halloween is coming soon and I am still trying to decide what costume to buy for E.  Scooby DooBrobee from Yo Gabba Gabba?  Yoda?  Oh who am I kidding, we'll probably just end up taking him to the costume store and letting him pick it out himself. :-)
Okay, randomness done.

No comments:

Post a Comment