Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Snapshot Tuesday: Fifty Years Ago - March On Washington

In honor of the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, I thought I would post this little gem for Snapshot Tuesday.  This is a photograph of my grandfather at the MOW in 1963.  He is on the far left, wearing the hat.  My cousin found it online after discovering that the picture is featured inside the current issue of TIME magazine.  Our family is very proud of the work my grandfather, his friends and colleagues did for civil rights 50 years ago, and we never let a family gathering pass us by without telling stories of him and our grandmother and the amazing lives they led.  This country has come a long way in the fight for equality, but there is still more progress to be made.  Here's to the past, present and future.  Here's to the people who fought for their rights.  And here's to you Granddaddy.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment