Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jump Down From Heaven

"Mommy, who is that?"

"That's Jesus."

"And who is that?"

"That's an angel."

(Pondering)

"Does that angel live with Jesus?"

"Yes, baby."

"And that's in heaven, right?"

"Yes, baby."

"And heaven is in the clouds?"

"Mmm hmmm."

"Where Grand Daddy is now?"

"Yes, baby."

(More pondering)

"Mommy?"

"Yes, lovie?"

"Can Grand Daddy jump down from heaven really quick so I can give him a hug?  Just really quick?"



And that is the conversation I had with my 3-year old at the funeral of his grandfather, my father, who had just passed away.

It's a call you never want to get when you're living 6,000 miles away from your family.  It's a call you never want to get, period.  No matter the distance.  But it happened.  Our family is coping.  He will be missed.

My Dad

The place he loved more than anything: His Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment